Jade Gieseke Guevara, M.D.
- Fellowship in Cornea and External Disease | University of Florida
- Residency in Ophthalmology | University of Florida
- M.D. | University of Florida
- B.S. | Barnard College of Columbia University
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Women in Ophthalmology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
Dr. Jade Gieseke Guevara practices medical and surgical corneal transplants as well as comprehensive ophthalmology, including management of cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, and macular degeneration. She is experienced in laser cataract surgery, small incision, no-stitch cataract surgery, and multifocal intraocular lens implants.
Dr. Guevara completed her undergraduate studies at Barnard College of Columbia University in New York and earned her medical doctorate at the University of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville. In medical school, she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society as well as the prestigious Gold Humanism Honor Society. She stayed at the University of Florida to complete her ophthalmology residency and served as chief resident in her final year of training. After residency, she completed advanced fellowship training in cornea and external disease.
She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and Women in Ophthalmology. She has presented research at the regional and national level, including at the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Guevara was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale and now enjoys being back home in South Florida with her family.