AARUP KUBAL, M.D.
- Fellowship in Ophthalmology | Minnesota Eye Consultants
- Residency in Ophthalmology | Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Internship in Internal Medicine | Mercy Medical Center, University of Maryland
- M.D. | Johns Hopkins University
- B.S. | Harvard University
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
Dr. Aarup Kubal is dual-fellowship trained, specializing in medical and surgical glaucoma, cataract surgery, premium intraocular lens implants, laser vision correction (LASIK), and corneal transplantation. With over a decade of experience serving the South Florida community, Dr. Kubal is dedicated to providing patients with the most advanced treatment options and compassionate care.
As an undergraduate, Dr. Kubal attended Harvard University, where he graduated summa cum laude and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. He went on to earn his medical degree from the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, one of the nation’s most prestigious medical schools, graduating in the top of his class. Dr. Kubal stayed in Baltimore for his residency training, which he completed at the world-renowned Wilmer Eye Institute. After residency, Dr. Kubal completed a renowned cornea, glaucoma, and refractive surgery fellowship at Minnesota Eye Consultants in Minneapolis.
Although he was born and raised in New Jersey, Dr. Kubal now resides in Sunny Isles Beach with his wife and their three children. He currently serves as a volunteer assistant professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Miami where he trains future generations of cataract surgeons at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, the nation’s top eye hospital. Dr. Kubal is considered an expert and pioneer in the most advanced forms of minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS). In his free time, Dr. Kubal enjoys playing tennis and traveling.