Geetha Vedula, M.D.
Specializing in minimally invasive glaucoma and cataract surgery
- Fellowship in Glaucoma | Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA
- Residency in Ophthalmology | University of Maryland
- Internship | Hospital of Saint Raphael, Yale University
- M.D. and Bachelor’s | West Virginia University
- Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Florida Atlantic University School of Medicine
Dr. Geetha Vedula specializes in medical and surgical treatments for cataracts and glaucoma and is one of the few surgically trained glaucoma specialists in the greater Miami and Fort Lauderdale area. Her advanced training is in minimally invasive techniques for glaucoma surgery.
Dr. Vedula completed her undergraduate and medical degrees at West Virginia University. She subsequently went to Hospital of Saint Raphael, Yale University for her internship, and University of Maryland for her residency. She earned her fellowship in glaucoma from the prestigious Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA, where she remained as a faculty member educating residents after her fellowship.
In 2011, Dr. Vedula relocated to Florida to join the well-renowned Cleveland Clinic Florida medical center, where she still has active privileges. She also serves as a faculty member at the Florida Atlantic University School of Medicine.